Wednesday 29 January 2014

January Favourites


From not owning a hair brush to using multiple hair sprays and mousses on my hair after I wash my hair, I've been completely drawn into taking good care of my hair. This month, I've been enjoying a few hair products and a few makeup items.

Given a sample of the Oscar Blandi Hair Lift thickening and strengthening mousse in Sephora, I've been using it on damp hair to give it a bit of texture and volume. It is in a mousse form, which doesn't make my hair feel greasy nor does it give it that crunchy effect. It goes smoothly on my hair and once brushed through, my hair dries with much more volume. It claims to plump and expand hair with strong flexible hold, which I completely agree.

I've also been enjoying the Charles Worthington Shine Booster all over gloss spray as my hair can look a bit fluffy and dry after use heat on it. This is when this product comes into rescue - with a few spritzes, it transforms my dehydrated hair into healthy, sleek, gleaming hair. With added Crystal extract in the formula, it smoothes away flyaways and gives your hair a vibrant gloss.

Makeup wise, I've been totally obsessed with the Santhelia 1-2-1 Lash Extension System - commonly known as 'magnetic lashes'. I've receive tons of compliments on my lashes whenever I use this as it gives the most natural yet false-lash-looking effect. Even my dad was not convinced that I was only wearing mascara! How it works is that you use the first mascara for adhesive properties and volume and the second mascara for fibre extensions and length, then the first mascara again to seal everything together - hence, the name '1-2-1'.

For my lips, I've been reaching for the YSL Rouge Volupte Shine lipstick in Y2K801 (15) the most. It gives the most natural peachy tint to my lips whilst keeping my them moisturized. I also like that it has a glossy finish as I find that matte lipsticks can look (not only feel) drying on my lips. This colour is perfect for a natural day time look with a peachy coral blush and some mascara.

To set everything in place, nothing beats the Urban Decay De-Slick makeup setting spray. It is a fantastic alternative to using powder as it leaves a non-cakey yet matte finish to the skin, whilst having oil-control properties. It also helps keep foundation and everything else from sliding and fading throughout the day. The only problem I have with this is that it is quite pricey and I tend to waste a lot of product as I always miss my face when spritzing it.


What are your favourite products for this month?



CHESS

No comments:

Post a Comment