Wednesday 22 January 2014

My Night Time Skincare Routine


My night time skincare routine has always been a forever changing regime as I've never fallen in love with any particular skincare products...until I stumbled across the Clarisonic Mia 2 and the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. I have combination skin, however, lately, I've been discovering dry patches across my cheeks. I also suffer from acne prone skin, which makes it difficult for me to find a clarifying cleanser without stripping down oil off the dehydrated parts of my skin.


To take off my makeup, I use the Maybelline Total Clean Express Eye & Lip Makeup Remover to take off my eye and lip makeup. I love using this product because it is a bi-phase formula that makes removing waterproof eyeliner and mascara the easiest task in the world. There is no scent to it, which doesn't irritate the eye and it feels like water on your skin (kind of like the Bioderma Crealine H2O). Afterwards, I would use the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleaning Balm to take the rest of my makeup off. Although this is the only cleansing balm I've ever used, it is hands down the best product to take off all my makeup - I prefer this over the Bioderma Crealine H2O! It is a solid balm in the container but once massaged onto the face, it turns into an oil-like texture. All you need is half a penny size and a few rubbing here and there followed by a quick rinse to take the rest of your makeup off. Easy peasy. However, I like to do this step twice to make sure that all of my makeup is removed.


After all the makeup is removed, I would use the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser in combination with the Clarisonic Mia 2 to cleanse my face. I don't particularly love this cleanser, as I don't feel like it deeply cleanses my skin. There is no scent to it, which I like, and the formula is light on the skin but also foams up at the same time. I would squirt a little bit on the head of the Clarisonic Mia 2 and work it on my face. The Clarisoni Mia 2 is a facial sonic cleansing tool that says to transform your skin into a smoother, softer, radiant looking complexion, which I must say is actually true and not just a gimmick.

To balance my pH on my skin after cleansing, I would use the Simple King To Skin Soothing Facial Toner. Again, it is scentless, which minimizes the risks of irritating the skin. Toners are one of the products that I struggle to judge whether or not they work for me and so, I'd say this product is working alright on my skin as I haven't broken out from using it (yet).


The last step to my night time skincare routine would be to moisturize. Moisturizing is a very important step because cleansers tend to strip away oil from your skin. Firstly, I would use the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution as I have a few acne scars that need clearing up. I'm not sure if I love it yet as I'm still putting it to test. However, I've heard a lot of good results from it and so, would keep using it. Then, I would dot a few dots of the La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo on spotty areas. It is a gel that claims to correct and unclog your spots, which is working miracles on my skin. Lastly, I would use the Benefit Total Moisture Facial Cream, which feels thick and luxurious on my skin. It smells really good (yes, it's scented), but it hasn't broken me out so far, so I am still enjoying using it.


What does your night time skincare routine consist of?




CHESS

No comments:

Post a Comment