Friday 24 January 2014

Pamper Night


Pamper nights are my favourite nights as my skin gets to indulge itself in such beautiful face masks and scrubs. Ranging from deep cleansing face masks to nose scrubs, the idea behind a pamper night is to treat my skin and rejuvenate it.


When my I am breaking out like crazy, the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque is my saviour. It is clay-based and helps cleanse and refresh most skin types, especially sensitive or dry skin. This works miracles on my skin as I have sensitive skin. It helps treat and reduce the appearance of my spots without drying out my skin. It is unlike most clarifying masks that strip away the oil on your skin, your skin feels clean and hydrated at the same time after using it. It claims to extract impurities and unclog pores, which I totally agree! Although it lies on the pricey side, it is totally worth it as it lasts a long time. I only use it on spotty areas when needed.

On a weekly basis, I use the Simple Kind To Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask. It is quite thick and scentless, which feels luxurious on the skin. It is a decent face mask for a weekly cleanse, considering it only costs a few quid.

When my skin feels dehydrated, which is a reoccurring symptom during the winter, I would use the Elizabeth Arden Hydrating Mask to hydrate my skin. It has a very thick consistency, which feels lovely on the skin - like you've placed a blanket made of water over your face. It has a cooling effect, which I love and even after you've rinsed your face, it is still there! I use this once/twice a week.


I tend to stay away from scrubs, as they tend to irritate my skin and cause more breakouts. However, I've recently stumbled across the Lush Ocean Salt coconut cream and sea salt scrub and I have kindled my love for it. It smells incredible - like a mojito! Although the particles can be a bit too vigorous for my skin, it leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft afterwards. I use gentle motions to rub it into my skin and use warm water to rinse it off. I only have a sample of it, and I am definitely going to purchase the full size of it!

In order to remove the impurities on my nose - e.g black heads - I use the Soap & Glory Scrub Your Nose In It special pore refining formula AHA facial scrub. I only use it on my T-zone as I only have excess oil in that area. It says to exfoliate, clean and purify skin, take away dead skin cells, soak up excess oil and stimulate fresh oxygen to your face. Although it does contain micro particles that exfoliate my skin and is a clay-based mask that clarifies the skin, I personally don't think it does all the job it claims to do. I only have a sample size of it, but I'm not sure if I would purchase the full size of it.


What are you favourite masks and scrubs?



CHESS


No comments:

Post a Comment